Fish and seafood are two main ingredients in Mediterranean diet. It’s not only delicious but it’s also very healthy. Fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These polyunsaturated fats help fight inflammation in the body. Cooking with Blood Orange Infused EVOO makes your seafood dish even healthier as it has high levels of polyphenols (antioxidants). Our baked salmon dish is to die for.
- 4 (6oz/170g) skinless salmon fillet
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp Orange Blossom Honey. (You could substitute regular honey (Not the one in a bear shape of a bottle) if you cannot locate an orange blossom honey, it slightly alters the flavor profile.)
- 3 tbsp Tastefully Olive – Blood Orange Infused EVOO
- 1/3 cup blood orange juice (Substitue with regular orange)
- Marinate the salmon for 30 minutes with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Place the salmon into the foil pocket and pour the excess marinate juice.
- Add the lemon juice and sprinkle minced garlic on top.
- Wrap salmon foil packets in but keep a little extra space inside for heat to circulate. Don’t Wrap too tight!
- Transfer the wrapped salmon to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Unwrap the salmon. Add more blood orange juice and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil again. Broil for 2-4 minutes until it becomes a little crispy on the top.