Creamy Hearty Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes my kind of comfort food!
Feb 01, 2023
- 2-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and quartered.
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion.
- 2 tablespoons Tastefully Olive Infused Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Tastefully Olive Infused Butter Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled.
1. In a 4-quart Dutch oven, cook potatoes with 1/2 teaspoon salt, covered, in enough boiling water to cover for 20 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook onion in garlic olive oil. Stir in wine. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup.
3. Drain potatoes. Mash with a potato masher or beat with an electric mixer on low speed. Add wine mixture, butter olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon back pepper. Gradually beat in whipping cream in to make the potato mixture light and fluffy. Fold in blue cheese.